VACANCY: MIDDLE SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER
Fugees Family, Inc. is a non-profit organization and operator of a network of community-based middle and high schools that emphasize academic and character development of refugee children. Our student body represents 22 different countries, including Burundi, Iraq, Central African Republic, and Burma.
Our schools serve a pressing need that is not currently being met by traditional public education systems – the education of refugee children in an environment where their unique academic challenges are understood. Through small classes, high expectations, targeted instruction, and full school participation in soccer and soccer-based activities, we empower the most vulnerable of students–child survivors of war—to become independent thinkers and high-achieving scholars.
Fugees Academy in Columbus is seeking an innovative, passionate English Teacher who possesses an unwavering commitment to our mission and the willingness to go above & beyond to meet the needs of students, families and staff via instruction in-person at the school building.
POSITION START DATE IS JANUARY 4, 2021
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience:
● Minimum 2 years of full-time classroom teaching experience, preferably in an urban setting
● Outstanding instructional skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge students
● Demonstrated expertise in creative, engaging and culturally relevant English Language Arts instruction ● Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a warm, strict, orderly classroom environment
● A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement and believe that all students can achieve
● A belief that building deep, authentic relationships with students and families is a priority
● Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States required
● Previous experience working with English Learners is a plus
Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and a full benefits package is offered.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter on or before December 18 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “English Teacher”. No phone calls please.
Fugees Family, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Fugees Family, Inc is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from those with refugee and/or immigrant backgrounds, women, and minorities.