01. Who benefits specifically?
This money is only given to scholarships for students who have spent at least six months in a public school, homeschool or charters school. Fugees Academy will have 40 students that can benefit from this program in 2015 and even more each year.
02. Do I have to give the maximum?
Nope. Fugees Family is happy to accept any dollar amount that you see fit to redirect. Though it is a no-net-cost program, we understand individual finances may be complicated.
03. If I get a refund at the end of the year will I get the money back?
Yes. If you redirect more money that you owe in taxes, you will get a refund at the end of the year that will be larger than your typical refund; the State will honor your full donation to Fugees Academy.
04. If I give through my pass-through business, can I still give individually or with my spouse?
Yes, but it can’t be more than $10,000 total. One person is limited to a total contribution of $10,000. However, it is possible to contribute $7,500 through your pass-through business and $2,500 though filing with your spouse.
05. Does it always count as a Federal charitable contribution deduction?
Yes! Because you are giving your money to our nonprofit SSO, Apogee, and are participating in the tax credit, your contribution counts as a Federal charitable contribution deduction.
06. Can I do this again next year?
Yes. This program has been active since 2008 and has only gained momentum. Refugee families will continue to be resettled in Atlanta and in order to serve those children we need your continued support. Fugees Academy will experience a 30% growth rate annually.